Ultrasonic thickness gauge hire
We now have the UT6 ultrasonic thickness gauge for hire. The UT6 is manufactured by Joel Technologies. It is very similar in design to the UT3 metal thickness gauge.
The multi mode features of the UT6 enable it to be used either in pulse echo mode or echo echo mode.
Pulse echo mode is used when looking for flaws or pits in metal and echo echo is used for eliminating paint or coating thicknesses when measuring. Switching between the two modes is done by pressing the dual/multi button.
Although the UT6 will measure metal thickness through paint or coatings it is not able to measure through rough or uneven surfaces. As with other gauges if the test area has surface corrosion or is dirty it will need to be suitably prepared using a wire brush or scraper.
Rough or uneven surfaces can limit the penetration of ultrasound through the material under test which can lead to unstable and unreliable results. For an accurate test the area should be clean and flat so as not to inhibit transducer coupling.
The UT6 is supplied with a highly dampened dual element transducer. A highly dampened transducer ‘rings’ for a much shorter time, allowing the UT6 to measure thinner material thicknesses in echo-echo mode. The same transducer is equally effective when used in pulse-echo mode, eliminating the requirement to use a different transducer for each mode. The UT6 enables switching between modes at the press of a button.
Ultrasonic thickness gauge hire product general specifications
- Weight: 285g (with batteries)
- Size: 63.5(W)x120.7(H)31.8(D) mm
- Operating Temperature: -30 C to + 50C
- Case: Extruded aluminium body with nickel plated aluminium end caps (gasket sealed)
- Keypad: Sealed membrane resistant to both water and petroleum products. Nine tactile-feedback keys.
- Transducer: Dual-element (transmit and receive) 1 to 10 MHz frequency range.
- Power Source: Qty 2 – 1.5V alkaline cells 200 hours on alkaline cells. Display flashes when battery is low. Unit turns OFF automatically when battery is too low to operate reliably.
- Display: Multi-function 4.5 digit liquid crystal display with 12.7mm (0.500 inch) numerical, backlit for use in poor light conditions. Backlight is selectable ON/OFF/AUTO illuminates only when a measurement is taken. Measurements displayed in inches, inches/microsecond, millimetres, and meters/second. Bar graph indicates stability of reading.
- Measuring Range: Pulse-Echo mode: (Pit & Flaw detection) from 0.63 – 500mm. Echo-Echo mode: (through paint & Coating) from 2.54 to 25.4mm
- Resolution: 0.01mm ( 0.001 inch)
- Velocity Range: 1250 to 10000 metres/second
- Built-in: Stainless steel reference disc for probe zero
- Four readings per second for single point measurement or 16 per second in scan Mode – (captures the minimum thickness tested)
- Multi-Mode: Toggle between Pit and Flaw Detection (Pulse Echo mode) and Through Paint
& Coatings (Echo-Echo mode) with single press of a button.
Please contact us for more information or to hire.